Are you looking for an smooth, showstopping, summer season dessert recipe it truly is incredible enough for a celebration? Here’s how to make an ice cream pie, consisting of instructions for a cookie crust (with variations), plus thoughts for fillings and toppings. Everyone will love it!
For the very simple recipe:
1 cookie crust (shop-bought or made from scratch – recipe follows)
1 tub ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, sherbet, and so forth. (1 quart – half gallon)
Soften the ice cream, till it is just tender sufficient to scoop out without problems, then put into prepared pie shell. Smooth out the pinnacle. Cover gently. Freeze till company, at the least two hours or in a single day. Remove from freezer 15 minutes earlier than serving. Then garnish with preferred toppings (whipped cream, chocolate or caramel sauce, magic shell, beaten cookies, sparkling fruit, etc.
Of path, you can just buy a pie shell and fill it with ice cream and it’d be a pleasing dessert. But if you want to electrify your guests, then you could make a scrumptious cookie crust Cream Deluxe Gold from scratch and fill your pie shell with exciting taste mixtures, mix-ins and toppings.
HOMEMADE COOKIE CRUST
1 half of cups quality crumbs (from graham crackers, ginger snaps, vanilla wafers, chocolate cookies, shortbread – any crisp cookie, keep-bought or selfmade)
1/four cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
Crush crumbs in a meals processor or the old school manner – in a huge, heavy-obligation resealable bag. (Leave a small starting in the pinnacle of the bag to permit air to escape.) Roll a rolling pin over the plastic bag until the cookies are damaged into crumbs.
Mix crumbs and sugar together, stir in melted butter. Line pie plate with combination, pressing firmly into place. Bake at 350 stages for 8 minutes. Cool very well before adding ice cream.
PRETZEL CRUMB CRUST
2 cups beaten (very pleasant) pretzels
half cup melted butter
1/three cup sugar
Combine all crust ingredients. Press crumbs over backside and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
NO-BAKE OREO CRUST
thirteen Oreo cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
Mix Oreos and butter collectively and firmly press right into a 9-inch pie pan over the lowest and all of the way up the sides. Chill for 20 minutes to set.
Now, for the amusing element. Get innovative and provide you with some combos for some truly remarkable desserts:
* MUD PIE – Oreo crust, coffee gelato, crowned with thick chocolate syrup
* PEACH MELBA PIE – Nilla wafer crust, peach ice cream, crowned with raspberry sauce, garnished with fresh peaches
* BANANA-SPLIT PIE – Chocolate cookie crust, layer of thinly sliced bananas, observed by means of strawberry ice cream, freeze – earlier than serving, top with drained overwhelmed pineapple, whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
* SNICKERS PIE – Make chocolate cookie crust, adding 1/4 cup peanuts to the recipe. Mix into softened vanilla frozen yogurt – 6 (2 oz) coarsely chopped Snickers bars. Spread aggregate in pie shell, freeze. Before serving, drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce and additional chopped snickers bars to pinnacle.
* LEMONADE PIE – Mix half of gallon softened vanilla frozen yogurt with a 12-ouncescan lemonade or limeade, slightly thawed and spread in a pretzel crust.
* PEANUT BUTTER PIE – Mix half of gallon softened vanilla frozen yogurt with 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky) until mixed. Swirl in peanut butter chips, fudge chunks and fudge ice cream topping. Spread aggregate in chocolate cookie pie shell. When prepared to serve, pinnacle with chocolate magic shell.
* PUMPKIN PIE – Mix half gallon softened vanilla ice cream with 1 cup canned pumpkin, half cup packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, half of teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Spread in a gingersnap cookie crust. Freeze till company..
* LAYERED PIE – Spread 3 cups of any taste frozen dessert in organized pie shell, pinnacle with overwhelmed candy, cookie crumbs or sundae sauce – freeze for half-hour. Remove from freezer, spread three cups of a distinctive flavor on top. Refreeze 2 hours – overnight. Some thoughts: orange sorbet and vanilla frozen yogurt layers for a creamsicle pie; or layers of chocolate and espresso ice cream for a mocha pie. How about chocolate layered with cherry vanilla for a chocolate-cherry pie (garnish with chocolate included cherries).
With your creativeness, you could make your personal signature version of this ice cream pie. Use your favourite cookies (for the crust), frozen dessert flavors, mix-ins and toppings to prepare this amazing-smooth dessert. It’s sure to be the hit of any birthday celebration!